Thursday 4 July 2013

MK Dons Stadium ride (Milton Keynes, UK) - 6.93 miles (11.15 km)

It just wasn't possible to get out this morning and then the warm weather kicked in ... so no chance until it cooled down. We went out for an evening tour but didn't get to go anywhere scenic. It was an urban ride so I thought I'd take us up and around the MK Dons football stadium. We'll go somewhere nicer tomorrow. But hey, I think what we lacked in beauty tonight we made up in distance :)

Of course, having not been out he was very keen to get going! Pleasure rolls and yapping :) When we first got Rocky I thought he'd damaged his throat from barking too much ... turns out he has 2 barks. This barks for when he's not trying to intimidate ... there is of course another deeper and more serious bark.


A few miles before we got to the stadium but I couldn't film these - just too many obstacles and obstructions to be able to control him and the bike. So you'll have to take my word for it that we did ride there. Well, it ain't pretty, but it's a landmark ... MK Dons Stadium just off the A5 ...


Mid way through the ride it's time to refresh (I need to bring a bottle for me too!) ... it does still make a mess and a lot of the drink runs straight out his chops but at least he's keeping hydrated.


Since the ride was largely on lead I stopped into a small park to give him some time to run freely. Great ride ... no incidents and just shy of 7 miles (should have gone that extra lap of the park and made it 7).

No comments:

Post a Comment